Building your relationship with a partner that fits well with you is exciting and life-enhancing as the two of you look forward to a happy life together. You might even discuss hopes and dreams for the future. So how do you ensure that you get to keep this wonderful experience you’re building together?
There are many paths to a healthy partner relationship. However, once you get there, it most likely will look something like this:
1. Healthy partners exhibit excellent communication skills. They appear to be listening to one another. They look at one another during conversations. One talks while the other listens. They take turns talking and listening.
2. Healthy partners look like they’re enjoying life. Both partners will smile a lot. At the least, they’ll have looks of contentment when in the same room. In essence, they seem happy to be together.
3. They appear quite comfortable with one another. One partner might slip their hand into the other partner’s hand spontaneously.
At a party, they might chat with others together or “separate” briefly to take part in conversations with others. Eventually, they’ll gravitate back to one another to see how the other’s doing. They “check in” frequently with each other.
4. Disagreements are handled using moderated voice volume and tone. In a relationship, there’s bound to be an occasional disagreement or misunderstanding. How these are handled makes all the difference.
At those times, each partner will take special care to get hold of their own feelings and seek a resolution to the disagreement.
5. When necessary, one partner admits their error and apologizes to the other. In a close loving relationship, partners are honest with themselves and their partners regarding mistakes they make.
Healthy partners understand that admitting when they’re wrong demonstrates that they’re supportive, caring and involved.
6. Healthy partners show genuine respect for one another. Such partners comprehend that sharing mutual…